A lovely lamb chops found while i was surfing around, simply gorgeous.
He is the man.
The lamb was F-A-N-Tastic!
Though i feel the photo doesn’t do the chops justice… *The red part is not blood, it is actually brown after i seared it, not too sure why it end up looking bloody in the photos!*
The lamb was succulent, well marinated with the flavor of rosemary.. just one draw back, the chopped rosemary was the mistake as I had to pick it out when eating the lamb.
The bread dough:
How to do it:
1) Bring 2 spring of rosemary with firmer stems to poke through the meaty part of the chops.
2) For the rest of the herbs, chop them up and rub them onto the meat with salt and pepper.
3) Wrap the chops up in a piece of waxed paper.
4) Combine the ingredients of the dough, knead and roll it out on a plate. It should be big enough to wrap the chops.
5) Wrap meat in the dough and put into oven to bake at 200 degree C for 25 minutes – the meat should come out Medium done, leave the meat in the oven with heat off for another 10 minutes for well done chops.
6) Cut the bread crust to reveal juicy chops:
7) The chops should now be ferfectly cooked with the rosemary sealed into the meat. To help increase its appeal, i seared it slightly with olive oil in the pan.
8) Serve with roasted vegetables or, like what i did, I matched it with a light and zesty side, Ravioli in Yogurt Mint sauce (Natural yogurt+chopped fresh mint+lemon juice+lemon zest)
Mistakes you can learn from:
The good news is…. this method works!! Just gotta refine it. I’ll be back!